Wednesday 28 February 2018

Pastel Clay Dipped Jars



You will need
Hexagonal glass jars (I cant remember where I got mine from – probably Wilkinsons)
Air dry clay
Rolling pin (I use the inner tube from a roll of foil)
Water
Paints (I used watercolour pastels but acrylics would work too)
Roll out the clay thinly

I used a ruler and a pair of scissors to get a piece big enough to cover the bottom half of the jar plus a bit to wrap underneath it. The top edge should be as straight as possible.



Wet the jar with a little water and wrap the clay around it. I folded the edge over so it would cover the bottom of the jar.

Use a wet finger to smooth the clay and seal the edges.


Wait for it to dry - overnight is best.
Paint it - I used watercolour pastels but you could use acrylic paints instead

 
Fin!

No comments:

Post a Comment